- New training based on midPoint 4.8
- Subscribers gain free access to this self-paced training
- Estimated time needed for completion: 16hr
- Place: Evolveum Learning Portal
- 9 modules and 32 hands-on labs
- Certificate of Completion
This course is aimed at building an extendable IdM foundation with basic synchronization and provisioning. It will teach you how to carry out go-live regardless of data quality from HR, automate the Joiner-Mover-Leaver (JML) processes, manage birthright permissions, and use the latest features such as simulations and smart correlation. The course participants will gain a solid understanding of midPoint’s basics, and use it to integrate the first source and target systems safely in iterations, using Evolveum’s “First Steps methodology”.
This training will be useful for newcomers to identity management and governance, newcomers for midPoint, IT administrators, system engineers, identity architects, and deployment partners at all seniority levels.
This training is hosted by our Expert Identity Engineer Ivan Noris.
No previous knowledge of midPoint is required.
Previous experience with concepts of user provisioning and identity management is welcome.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Create your first resources to connect to your source and target systems
- Import accounts from the source system
- Correlate existing accounts in the target system with midPoint
- Import usernames from the target system to midPoint
- Turn on provisioning to the target system in midPoint
- Automate the synchronization between the source system and the target system via midPoint
- Utilize simulations in the above steps to preview what is going to happen to avoid unintended data modification or deletion
This course progresses through nine modules and 32 hands-on labs:
1. Planning Your Deployment Project
In this module, we will introduce the environment in which we are about to deploy midPoint. We will define the main goals of this deployment and introduce the First steps methodology.
LAB 1-1: Inspect Your Environment
2. Connecting Source System
In this module, we will introduce basic midPoint concepts related to provisioning, such as target systems, resources, and connectors, as well as create a new HR resource using midPoint resource wizard.
LAB 2-1: Create HR Resource
LAB 2-2: Configure HR Resource
3. Importing Source Data
In this module, we will introduce midPoint simulations and use them to preview the import of data from a HR resource. Then we will import the data from the HR resource to midPoint to create users.
LAB 3-1: Single Source System Entry Import Simulation
LAB 3-2: Source System Data Import
4. Connecting Target System
In this module, we will connect to the Active Directory using a predefined resource template. We will review the configuration which focuses on correlation and synchronization.
LAB 4-1: Creating Active Directory Resource From Template
LAB 4-2: Reviewing Active Directory Resource Synchronization Configuration
5. Target System Integration
In this module, we will simulate the integration of the Active Directory with midPoint. Accounts will be correlated to their midPoint owners. We will review orphaned accounts and decide on their fate.
LAB 5-1: Simulated Correlation With Active Directory
LAB 5-2: Marking Accounts
LAB 5-3: Ignoring Orphaned Accounts
LAB 5-4: Real Correlation With Active Directory
6. Importing Usernames from the Target System
In this module, we will import usernames from the Active Directory to midPoint users. We will also clean-up orphaned accounts in the Active Directory and resolve uncorrelated accounts from the previous modules.
LAB 6-1: Preparing Configuration For Username Import
LAB 6-2: Username Import Simulation
LAB 6-3: Username Import From Active Directory
LAB 6-4: Deleting Orphaned Active Directory Accounts
LAB 6-5: Finalize Correlation
7. Enabling Provisioning to the Target System
In this module, we will prepare the Active Directory resource for provisioning. We will make sure not to cause any unexpected changes in the Active Directory by using simulations.
LAB 7-1: Reviewing Active Directory Resource Provisioning Configuration
LAB 7-2: Active Directory Provisioning Simulation
LAB 7-3: Active Directory Provisioning
8. Automating Integration
In this module, we will turn on automatic provisioning of changes from the HR to the Active Directory. This also includes generating midPoint usernames.
LAB 8-1: Generate Usernames in midPoint
LAB 8-2: Automate Active Directory Account Creation For All Persons
LAB 8-3: Automate Active Directory Group Membership For All Persons
LAB 8-4: Enforcing AD Account Data
LAB 8-5: Handling HR Data Updates
LAB 8-6: Handling Long-term Leave
LAB 8-7: Handling Leavers
LAB 8-8: Adding A New Outbound Mapping
LAB 8-9: Adding New Attribute Provisioning From HR to AD
LAB 8-10: Exchanging Inbound Mapping
9. Overriding Incorrect Data
In this module, we will demonstrate the situation with incorrect data coming from a dominant source of data and how to override it using midPoint.
LAB 9-1: Overriding Malicious User Status
LAB 9-2: Overriding Incorrect HR Data
LAB 9-3: Overriding Username
Price for the Self-Paced First Steps Training Course
- Price: 700 EUR / person excluding VAT
- Price: USD 800/ person excluding taxes
- Before signing up for the training course, we recommend you to read our Terms and conditions
Discounts for the Self-Paced Training Course
|Free of Charge
* Self-paced First Steps Training can be accessed for free for all active subscribers. Contact email@example.com for more information.
How to become a subscriber?
For information about becoming a subscriber please visit https://evolveum.com/services/subscribing-to-support/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org