- Duration: 3 days
- Date: on demand
This course provides both theoretical and practical understanding of LDAP protocol, servers and applications. The course leads students from history of the protocol through basic concepts into the practical area of directory server configuration and deployment. This course is intended for system administrators and system engineers that design, deploy and maintain LDAP-based systems.
The course is focused on universal concepts that are demonstrated using an open-source software (OpenLDAP or OpenDJ in Linux environment).
However the skill gained in this course is universal and it is applicable to a very wide range of products and solutions. Variations of the training with some information regarding commercial LDAP products are also available upon request. This course has no specific date to set. If you are interested in attending it or you have any question, please use the form below to let us know. We will get back to you in a short time.
- Basic UNIX system administration skills (Linux preferred)
- Basic understanding of networking mechanisms and protocols
- Basic understanding of client-server and application architectures
- Theoretical and practical understanding of The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
- Understanding of Directory Information Tree (DIT) and directory server data structures.
- Overview of the operations and basic diagnostic procedures.
- Ability to configure and use some LDAP clients.
- Understanding of the schema.
- Basic understanding of the replication principles.
- Directory services architecture
- The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol history
- Market overview
- Directory Information Tree
- Objects and attributes
- Concepts (DN, suffix, …)
- Common structure
- Interchange Format (LDIF)
Directory Server Configuration (OpenLDAP or OpenDJ)
- Configuration principles, directories and files
- Procedures to create and maintain configuration
- Overview of the operations
- Using command-line tools to search the data
- Authentication (bind)
- Using command-line tools to modify the data
- Understanding of schema concepts
- Attribute types
- Designing and maintaining the schema
- Basic replication principles
- Simple replication setup
- Using LDAP groups
- Access Control mechanisms (ACIs)
Linux LDAP Client (optional)
- Configuration of Linux OS as the client (system administration topic)
Application LDAP client (optional)
- Basic guidelines how to use it in applications (programming topic)
- Price: 1350€ excl. VAT
- Before signing up for the training course we recommend you to read our Terms and conditions
After completing the training we recommend you to apply for a certification. Choose from our certifications offer.