- Duration: 2024/02/21 – 2024/02/23, time zone: CET
- Place: online, Zoom platform
- The agenda is open to small adjustments based on the inputs from the attendees.
- Recommendation: The training requires download and installation of several software components, including a virtual machine before the training. To get the necessary information, your binding registration is needed.
Join our live course designed for identity management architects, system engineers, and deployment partners. The course is aimed at building an extendable IdM foundation with basic synchronization and provisioning. Participants will gain a solid understanding of midPoint’s basics, and use it to integrate the first source and target systems safely in iterations, using Evolveum’s “First Steps methodology”. New training based on midPoint 4.8.
This training is led by our Expert Identity Engineer Ivan Noris.
No previous knowledge of midPoint is required.
To fully succeed in this course, students should have:
- Experience performing basic system administration tasks using a command line (Linux).
- Experience with database concepts and administration.
- Previous experience with concepts of user provisioning and identity management is welcome.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Create your first resources to connect to your source and target systems
- Import accounts from the source system
- Correlate existing accounts in the target system with midPoint
- Import usernames from the target system to midPoint
- Turn on provisioning to the target system in midPoint
- Automate the synchronization between the source system and the target system via midPoint
- Utilize simulations in the above steps to preview what is going to happen to avoid unintended data modification or deletion
This course progresses through nine modules of content:
1. Planning Your Deployment Project
In this module, we will introduce the environment in which we are about to deploy midPoint. We will define the main goals of this deployment and introduce the First steps methodology.
2. Connecting Source System
In this module, we will introduce basic midPoint concepts related to provisioning, such as target systems, resources, and connectors, as well as create a new HR resource using midPoint resource wizard.
3. Importing Source Data
In this module, we will introduce midPoint simulations and use them to preview the import of data from a HR resource. Then we will import the data from the HR resource to midPoint to create users.
4. Connecting Target System
In this module, we will connect to the Active Directory using a predefined resource template. We will review the configuration which focuses on correlation and synchronization.
5. Target System Integration
In this module, we will simulate the integration of the Active Directory with midPoint. Accounts will be correlated to their midPoint owners. We will review orphaned accounts and decide on their fate.
6. Importing Usernames from the Target System
In this module, we will import usernames from the Active Directory to midPoint users. We will also clean-up orphaned accounts in the Active Directory and resolve uncorrelated accounts from the previous modules.
7. Enabling Provisioning to the Target System
In this module, we will prepare the Active Directory resource for provisioning. We will make sure not to cause any unexpected changes in the Active Directory by using simulations.
8. Automating Integration
In this module, we will turn on automatic provisioning of changes from the HR to the Active Directory. This also includes generating midPoint usernames.
9. Overriding Incorrect Data
In this module, we will demonstrate the situation with incorrect data coming from a dominant source of data and how to override it using midPoint.
- Price: 2.100 EUR / person excluding VAT;, USD 2,400 / person excluding taxes
- Before signing up for the training course, we recommend you to read our Terms and conditions
|Group of 3+||10%||Yes||N/A|
|Group of 5+||25%||Yes||N/A|
* some self-paced courses could be accessed for free, speak to your sales representative
** early bird is applicable if order is received 2 calendar months prior to the course taking place
*** successive discount:
Given the original price is $2100 and we have successive discounts of 20% and 10%, we will follow the steps below:
1. Calculate the amount after the first discount:
Amount after the first discount = $2100 – ($2100 * 20/100) = $2100 – $420 = $1680.
2. Calculate the amount after the second discount:
Amount after the second discount = $1680 – ($1680 * 10/100) = $1680 – $168 = $1512.
**** in the making